Rhymes

Anna Banana played the piano, the piano broke and Anna choked.

 Lucy Locket lost her pocket. Kitty Fisher found it. Not a penny was there in it, Just the binding round it.

Little Miss Muffet


Baa, Baa, Black Sheep



Mary Had A Little Lamb


The Miller Of Dee



As I Was Going Along



To Market, To Market


This Little Piggy



There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe


Jack Sprat



Minnie And Mattie



Minnie and Mattie
And fat little May,
Out in the country,
Spending a day.
Such a bright day,
With the sun glowing,
And the trees half in leaf,
And the grass growing.
Pinky white pigling
Squeals through his snout,
Woolly white lambkin
Frisks all about.
Cluck! cluck! the nursing hen
Summons her folk, -
Ducklings all downy soft
Yellow as yolk.
Cluck! cluck! the mother hen
Summons her chickens
To peck the dainty bits
Found in her pickings.
Minnie and Mattie
And May carry posies,
Half of sweet violets,
Half of primroses.
Give the sun time enough,
Glowing and glowing,
He'll rouse the roses
And bring them blowing.
Don't wait for roses
Losing to-day,
O Minnie, Mattie,
And wise little May.
Violets and primroses
Blossom to-day
For Minnie and Mattie
And fat little May.
Christina Georgina Rossetti

Polly, Put The Kettle On



A Swarm Of Bees In May



Incy Wincey Spider



A Sailor Went To Sea 


I eat my peas with honey

I eat my peas with honey; 
I've done it all my life. 
It makes the peas taste funny, 
But it keeps them on the knife.

Lady Moon


Lady Moon, Lady Moon, where are you roving?
Over the sea.
Lady Moon, Lady Moon, whom are you loving?
All that love me.


Are you not tired with rolling, and never
Resting to sleep?
Why look so pale and sad, as forever
Wishing to weep?


Ask me not this, little child, if you love me;
You are too bold:
I must obey my dear Father above me,
And do as I'm told.


Lady Moon, Lady Moon, where are you roving?
Over the sea.
Lady Moon, Lady Moon, whom are you loving?
All that love me.


Richard Monckton Milnes


The Moon





Humpty Dumpty



Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee

Tweedledum and Tweedledee
    Agreed to have a battle;
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
    Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
    As black as a tar-barrel;
Which frightened both the heroes so,
    They quite forgot their quarrel.



Swan Swam Over The Sea



Rub-A-Dub Dub



Doctor Foster Went to Gloucester




I remember, I remember

I remember, I remember, 
The house where I was born, 
The little window where the sun 
Came peeping in at morn; 
He never came a wink too soon, 
Nor brought too long a day, 
But now, I often wish the night 
Had borne my breath away! 

I remember, I remember, 
The roses, red and white, 
The vi'lets, and the lily-cups, 
Those flowers made of light! 
The lilacs where the robin built, 
And where my brother set 
The laburnum on his birthday,— 
The tree is living yet! 

I remember, I remember, 
Where I was used to swing, 
And thought the air must rush as fresh 
To swallows on the wing; 
My spirit flew in feathers then, 
That is so heavy now, 
And summer pools could hardly cool 
The fever on my brow! 

I remember, I remember, 
The fir trees dark and high; 
I used to think their slender tops 
Were close against the sky: 
It was a childish ignorance, 
But now 'tis little joy 
To know I'm farther off from heav'n 
Than when I was a boy. 

The Days Are Clear

The days are clear,
Day after day,
When April's here,
That leads to May,
And June
Must follow soon:
Stay, June, stay! -
If only we could stop the moon
And June! 


My Shadow

Happy  Thought

The world is so full of a number of things,
I`m sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Robert Louis Stevenson

From Wibbleton To Wobbleton



See-Saw, Sacradown
See Saw Sacradown,
Which is the way to London town?
One boot up, and the other down,
And this is the way to London town.

Wagtail and Baby

A baby watched a ford, whereto
           A wagtail came for drinking;
A blaring bull went wading through,
          The wagtail showed no shrinking.
A stallion splashed his way across,
          The birdie nearly sinking;
He gave his plumes a twitch and toss,
           And held his own unblinking.
Next saw the baby round the spot
           A mongrel slowly slinking;
The wagtail gazed, but faltered not
           In dip and sip and prinking.
A perfect gentleman then neared;
          The wagtail, in a winking,
With terror rose and disappeared;
           The baby fell a-thinking.
Thomas Hardy







Comments

Popular Posts